Six Nations Tourism
Six Nations Tourism and our sites/locations (Chiefswood Park, Chiefswood National Historic Site and Her Majesty’s Royal Chapel of the Mohawks) are now offering Curriculum Based education programs to groups, schools and visiting organizations. Our workshops are designed to work with the teacher through hands-on, interactive lessons targeting various learning styles to enhance the First Nations, Metis, and Inuit Education Policy Framework programming which reflects the goals of the Ontario Curriculum. We will supply the materials and expertise to enrich your experience which will allow your class to explore the history of Six Nations of the Grand River territory.
- Discover the Carolinian Forest: Plant identification, compass basics and/or sending greetings to the natural world.
- Day of Play: Seasonal restrictions*
- Discovering Kanata: Introduction to Haudenosaunee History and Culture.
Chiefswood National Historic Site
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Johnson Family
- Exploring Traditions and Celebrations
- Early Societies Scavenger Hunt
- Exploring E. Pauline Johnson’s written work
- Touring the windows
- Mohawk Village Days
- War of 1812
- Wampum Belts
- Good Mind Peacemakers Journey